May 15 – 17, 2015 – We took a final birthday trip up to Acadia National Park this weekend. There was a chance of rain, but we lucked out with some nice weather for carriage path walking.
- Pat’s Pizza for cheese stuffed garlic knots
- Ice cream on Saturday and Sunday from Blueberry Hill (try the coffee and raspberry twist…. or just the raspberry if coffee isn’t your thing. Unless they have the peanut butter….)
- Walks on the carriage paths
- Hiking Connor’s Nubble off of one of the carriage paths. We had no idea this short side trail would take us up a rock face. Or that the view from the top would be a wide open 360 degree view of the surrounding area. If there weren’t so many flies (fortunately most weren’t biting) we might have stayed longer to admire the scenery.
- Saturday dinner and birthday lunch at the Thirsty Whale – great local draft beer, fried pickles, chowder, and fried seafood
- Birthday lunch at the Thirsty Whale (yes, we went there twice!)
- Birthday dinner at 99 Restaurant – great fried shrimp