May 23-26, 2014 – So, what did we do on our long anniversary weekend?
- Drove through lots and lots of rain on Friday to get to Lake Placid. Also discovered that traffic on backroads can move very slowly if you’re stuck behind a pickup truck carrying scrap metal.
- Hotel room with lake view balcony just off Mirror Lake.
- Saturday walk around the lake, more rain, walk to the nature trails, loon, diner with chicken fried steak and spicy hash scramble for lunch, X-Men movie in cool old theater, pub for dinner with pizza and soup and grilled cheese, walk around the lake with ice cream
- Sunday hike up Mt Jo, lunch at the diner with sausage gravy and buttered biscuits, partial muddy hike up The Washbowl trail, pub for dinner with pizza and fire fish, and a walk around the lake with loons and ice cream
- Monday coffee shop, nature trails, lunch at the pub with fried chicken and club sandwich with fries (also great BBQ sauce), walk around the lake, drive home